November 20, 2004

Horse 234 - Recurring Nightmare

The whole subject of dreams and whether they actually mean anything is one I find really quite boring. People often talk of the symbolism of dreams and the hidden meanings of things within them - personally I think that it's all a load of crock, but something is irking me at the moment and I really don't know why it occurs.

I won't tell you what happens in my recurring mightmare, but every day now for nearly the entire month of November I've been having precisely the same dream, with precisely the same outcome - that is I wake up, look at the alarm and find that it's half past stupid o'clock in the morning. Looking back I figure that I may have encountered the problem in some form before (see Horse 208 - http://www.geocities.com/rollo75/horse9.htm) but of late terror is the pitch that my unconscious wants to throw at me and I must say that I'm not happy with it at the moment.

I feel like something somewhere has invaded the unconscious reaches of my mind and taken up residence where I can't find it. The problem is that it's very difficult to tell your own brain to go away, and thus for the moment it looks like I'm going to have to get used to waking up terrified for no damn good reason - and that sucks.

No comments: