November 17, 2004

Horse 232 - Theft by "Mandate"

Parliament returns today for question time and the tabulation of several bills which are to be put before the houses. Among these is the bill for the sale of the governments remaining share of Telstra.

As a citizen of this country, I find it abhorrant that the Federal Government has called a so called "mandate" on the premise of being elected to power that it can sell off what I as a taxpayer own. If the sale of Telstra generates $30bn then I figure that as a voter who did not acquiesce to the sale of MY telco, then I should be due the proceeds or at least my share of therein which I equate to $1500 - of course I will never ever see a cheque for this and therefore I accuse the government of theft.

Stealing, Grand Larency, taking with intent to profit, pinching, theft. This is the biggest swindle ever pushed on the people of this country. I would like to see just one person (card-carrying members from the Liberal Party included - I'm holding you more responsible for allowing this THEFT to begin) justify why the government has a right to take from the people what belongs to them and put it into the hands of the highest bidder.

If this was in NSW I'd report it to the DPPPOC, but as the Federal Government is immune from criminal prosecution as a collective, no criminal action can be brought against it.

As we now live in a country in which the government has no controls over what laws can be passed for the next four years, then I expect the amount of business driven thefts to continue and they're not only condoned, but "mandated"

No comments: