October 03, 2005

Horse 409 - An Evil Evil Mistress

I have an evil evil mistress,

I have travelled half way around the world to see her, visiting three continents, have booked tickets to 2 dozen countries and to date have spent thousands of dollars in pursuit of her.

I have waited in conditions of rain, sleet, snow, been burnt alive under a searing sun, have driven for hours, risked bodily harm and have been uttetly bored waiting for her.

As for visiting her at home, well she moves a lot. Sometimes she leaves without a forwarding address, once she even left for 18 months without even a hint as to when she would return.
She has been the recipient of my money, I have seranaded her. I've lost sleep in the wee small hours just so I could see her.

Sometimes I have experienced happiness, joy, elation and at other occasions have been filled with horror and despair.

Who is this you may ask? Football. The most evil and demanding mistress the world has ever seen. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned they say, I say those people have never stood on the terraces for 90 minutes.

This morning she kicked me in the guts again - Chelsea 4 - Liverpool 1. Love must be blind, because if it isn't, it's certainly stupid.

No comments: