December 03, 2005

Horse 452 - Wet Wet Wet

In 1519 Ferdinand Magellan became the first person to sail across the Pacific. In 1927 Charles Kingsford-Smith became the first person to fly across the Pacific. There is now a new nam to add to this, for in 2005 myself, Andrew Thomas Rollason esq. & explorer extraordinare became the first person to walk through the Pacific.

Last night my friends went to a pub in Glebe. I found out at about 6pm and took a train into town - big mistake. When I stepped out of the train at Central, a monumental wall of water fell out of the sky and proceeded to dump it's aqueous load all over the place. I walked the 5.4km in the biggest downpour of '05 and by the time I got there I was saturated.

I was wetter than William Westinghouse when he wanted to take a whirl in his Westinghouse 100 washing machine when it was set to whites and wollens, that's how wet I was.

There's a lesson in all of this: when the weatherman tells you that storms are expected - believe him.

No comments: